Well we’re back from the west, the last few days have been taken up with tourism. Driving down Highway 101 from Monterey Bay to Los Angeles taking in aquariums and seal colonies along the way.
Anyway until I can sort my notes and photos out here’s a list of all the rivers that we ran.
- South Fork of the American River from Lotus to Folsom Lake.
- Chamberlain Falls section of the North Fork of the American River.
- Giant Gap section of the North Fork of the American River.
- Goodyears Bar section of the North Fork of the Yuba (well everyone else ran it, I took the day off).
- North Fork of the Yuba from 5 miles above Downieville to town.
- Rosassco Canyon section of the North Fork of the Yuba.
- Lavezzola Creek.
- Burnt Ranch Gorge on the Trinity River.
- Pigeon Point section of the Trinity.
- Cal Salmon.
- Clear Creek.
Tuolumne (Lower) as a two day over night trip.
Ol also paddled around Monterey Bay to look at the seals!
By my calculations there was a total of 13 swims (2 of which were mine) which is a lot less than India.
We drove nearly 3000 miles in all. In a very cramped car.
There’s lot of description and pictures of our trip in this post on UKRGB